Biobanking of biological samples and clinical data from prostate cancer patients treated at Oslo University Hospital is a collaborative effort between Department of Urology, Department of Pathology, Department of Oncology and Institute for Cancer Research. Access to samples and data is managed by a scientific steering board with representatives from these departments. The steering board is headed by Prof. Kristin Austlid Taskén, Institute for Cancer Research. The overarching research focus for projects using samples and data is to improve prostate cancer care by developing new methods for diagnosis and treatment.
Oslo University Hospital is accredited as a Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Lazarevic B, et.al. The effects of short-term genistein intervention on prostate biomarker expression in patients with localized prostate cancer before radical prostatectomy. Br J Nutr. 2012 Dec 28;108(12):2138-47.
- Ramberg H, et.al. Regulation of PBX3 expression by androgen and Let-7d in prostate cancer. Mol Cancer. 2011 May 6;10:50.
- Ceren G Korkmaz, et.al. Molecular cloning and characterization of STAMP2, an androgen-regulated six transmembrane protein that is overexpressed in prostate cancer. Oncogene 2005; 24, pages 4934–4945.
- Itkonen HM, et.al. O-GlcNAc transferase integrates metabolic pathways to regulate the stability of c-MYC in human prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2013: 73(16):5277-87.
- Paur I, et.al. Tomato-based randomized controlled trial in prostate cancer patients: Effect on PSA. Clin Nutr. 2017 Jun;36(3):672-679.
- Manuel Ramirez-Garrastacho, et.al. Potential of miRNAs in urinary extracellular vesicles for management of active surveillance in prostate cancer patients. British Journal of Cancer (2022) 126:492–50.1
- Ramberg H, et.al. Proteomic analyses Identify Major Vault Protein as a Prognostic Biomarker for Fatal Prostate Cancer. Carcinogenesis (2021) May 28;42(5):685-693.
- Braadland PR, et.al. Low β₂-adrenergic receptor level may promote development of castration resistant prostate cancer and altered steroid metabolism. Oncotarget. 2016 Jan 12;7(2):1878-94.
- Prencipe M, et.al. Role of serum response factor expression in prostate cancer biochemical recurrence. Prostate. 2018 Jul;78(10):724-730. doi: 10.1002/pros.23516.
- Braadland PR, et.al. Ex vivo metabolic fingerprinting identifies biomarkers predictive of prostate cancer recurrence following radical prostatectomy. Br J Cancer. 2017 Nov 21;117(11):1656-1664.
- Guldvik IJ, et.al. Low Blood Levels of LRG1 Before Radical Prostatectomy Identify Patients with High Risk of Progression to Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol Open Sci . 2022 Oct 4;45:68-75.
- Walker SM, et.al. Molecular Subgroup of Primary Prostate Cancer Presenting with Metastatic Biology. Eur Urol. 2017 Oct;72(4):509-518
- Svindland A, et.al. The Movember Global Action Plan 1 (GAP1): Unique Prostate Cancer Tissue Microarray Resource. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev . 2022 Apr 1;31(4):715-727.
- Moghaddam S, et.al. Integrating Serum Biomarkers into Prediction Models for Biochemical Recurrence following Radical Prostatectomy. Cancers (2021), 13, 4162.